One of my favorite foods is the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse. Thanks to top secret recipes and copycat recipes, I’ve recently discovered that I can make the exact same thing at home. That’s the point of these ‘top secret’ recipes – to allow us the benefit of eating at home and still getting the delicious flavors we love. Try the copycat recipes above and determine whether they really are like the real thing!
The following recipe is absolutely delicious. While this does involve a bit of prep time, this is a perfect recipe for entertaining dinner guests or when you just want to fix something delicious and special for your family. However, rather than just using the honey mustard, mix 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard with a tablespoon of honey. Add just a pinch of sugar and you’ve got that delicious outback sauce that is so good!
Outback Steakhouse’s Alice Springs Chicken
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 " thick
• honey mustard
• 6 slices bacon, sliced in half
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
• 3 cups shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.
3. Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
4. Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.
5. Remove from pan and place in a 9 x 13 dish.
6. Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and extra honey mustard may be served on the side.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and tastes just like the real thing! Add some French fries and you’re good to go!
Can you say ‘yum’ enough to the following recipe? This is absolutely perfect for a party when you want to wow the guests. Alright, so you don’t have all those ‘prep’ chefs to help you create this masterpiece but one bite and all the work will have been worth it!
Recipe Source: http://www.recipezaar.com/Outback-Steakhouses-Alice-Springs-Chicken-26350