Cooking can be a lot of fun. You can make beautiful masterpieces at home, that look just like the pros. There are a lot of professional cooks who do not want you to learn the secrets, because you now can make beautiful and wonderful tasting dishes from the comforts of your own home, and save yourself a lot of money on food.
1. You do not need to cook with expensive wine just to make a dish fancy. The most important thing to know about cooking with wine is that you need to cook down the wine by simmering it so that you do not have the rough alcohol taste, yet just the flavor of the wine.
2. A simple way to give your recipe a little zip is to add a small amount of lemon juice, or even a little lemon zest. A little can go a long way, so do not add too much. This can make your boring recipes a lot more flavorful. It is always nice to have a couple of lemons handy at all times when you are cooking.
3. Wait to season your sauté mushrooms at the end of baking them. The salt in most seasonings will take out any liquid of the mushroom and they will only boil in their own liquid. If you want to keep the flavor in your sauté mushrooms, wait for the seasoning till the end.
4. Serve your family the fruit that is in season. This is important because you will get such a better quality than when they are not in season. Select recipes that include the fruit in season. You will also get a better deal on them at the grocery store because they have so much more of them.
5. Do not be afraid to make a mistake. What is going to make you a better cook is trial and error. We are all going to make mistakes, but learning from your mistakes will only make you a better cook. Adjust recipes accordingly and even create your own recipes. This will make you one of the pros.
There are a lot of secrets from the pros that you can learn to be a better cook. It is going to take some time, and you can even take cooking classes locally to make yourself a better cook.